Printreg Archive
Re: Lockout/tagout for blanket washing

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 15:35:11 CDT

OSHA has not issued a new "guidance" document on the subject. Rather the
instruction where there is a problem is contained in their new interactive
training program for Lockout/Tagout. The overview can be found at
http://www.osha-slc.gov/dts/osta/lototraining/case/cs-overv.htm and from
there the printing roll cleaning case study link can be found at the bottom
of the page.

Gary Jones
Graphic Arts Technical Foundation
200 Deer Run Road
Sewickley, PA 15143
412/741-6860 x608 - Phone
412/741-2311 - Fax

Question: Where on the OSHA website can I find the guidance document that
refers to the use of inch/safe as being Unacceptable during blanket washing.
I could only find documents dating back to 1993 - not anything that could be
described as recent as referred to in your article posted in March 2000