Printreg Archive
Re: Lockout/tagout for blanket washing

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 15:33:01 CDT

OSHA has not issued a new "guidance" document on the subject. Rather the
instruction where there is a problem is contained in their new interactive
training program for Lockout/Tagout. The overview can be found at
http://www.osha-slc.gov/dts/osta/lototraining/case/cs-overv.htm and from
there the printing roll cleaning case study link can be found at the bottom
of the page.

Gary Jones
Graphic Arts Technical Foundation
200 Deer Run Road
Sewickley, PA 15143
412/741-6860 x608 - Phone
412/741-2311 - Fax
Question: The article "Blanket Washing Lockout/Tagout Procedure Questioned",
by Wendy Lechner, dated 3/28/00, stated a new guidence document has been
posted by OSHA regarding the same. I haven't been able to locate that
document in OSHA's web page. Can you supply me with a copy of the document or
tell me specifically where in OSHA's web page that document is listed? Your
assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.