Printreg Archive
Re: Lock-out/tag-out enforcement of press cleaning

From: peter phillips (pyropete@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 21:12:28 CDT

I attended that session and am confident that the Runyan interpretation letter
and the accompanying explanation of "minor servicing" still applies. Where the
operator has sole control over the "safe/stop" button and only one person is
doing the work, washing blankets, cylinders, webbing up, plate and blanket
changes and clearing some jams are OK. The criteria really rests on the
operator control. If two people are required, lockout is required. If the
control is out of reach of the operator, lockout is required. Inch safe
service
method must be used. Hope it helps. Jay Phillips