Printreg Archive
Lock-out/tag-out enforcement of press cleaning

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 16:55:47 CDT

>From: Mike Rogovein <merogovein@compuserve.com>
>
>At the recent NEHS conference in Cincinnati, there was discussion
>concerning OSHA's revisiting their policy on how they inforce LO/TO regs in
>regard to press cleaning. I don't remember who made the comments, but
>hopefully someone in sight of the message can help.
>
>1> where do we now stand in regard to LO/TO during cleaning a press?
>
>2> is "cleaning a press" limited to removing ink, or can it be construed
>to include cleaning a paper ball-up out of the machine?
>
>Thanks, Mike Rogovein

-****************************************************-
Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu