Printreg Archive
Fugitive emissions in heatset offset printing - EU Company

From: pneac@istc.illinois.edu
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 09:44:47 CST

This Ask PNEAC question is from:
Question: Last year, the European Union voted a VOC-law which says heatset offset printers cannot emit more than 20 mgC/Nm3 if they emit more than 25 tons/year. Of this 25 tons/year, no more than 30% may be diffuse emissions (for example emissions of isopropylalcohol). The Belgian heatset printers are concerned because they feel this 30%-target is too ambitious.
My question: how can you measure the diffuse emissions in a heatset offset printing factory? Do you know of any method to prove that in a specific case the diffuse emissions are below 30% of total yearly solvent-input? I would be very grateful if you could find an answer before 21/01 so that we can discuss this in a meeting.
Best regards,

Environmental Consultant