home.gif search3.gif vendbutton.GIF sheets.gif listervsbutton.gif compicon2.gif

printreg, July, 2003
Haz Waste Contact Change Notification Requirements

New Message Reply About this list Date view Thread view Subject view Author view

From: Debra Jacobson (djacobson@istc.illinois.edu)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:14:49

If the contact person on the original EPA Hazardous Waste ID Number application that you originally submitted is different than who it is now, then you need to act on the following summary. See below for details about EPA's requirements to update the contact names and how to obtain the needed forms. Debra Jacobson

EPA notification when changing hazardous waste contact person With few exceptions, every hazardous waste generator, transporter, and facility that treats, stores, or disposes of hazardous waste must have an EPA identification number. This number is obtained through the submission of EPA Form 8700-12 which requires, in part, the name and telephone number of a facility contact. EPA requires the form to be updated whenever there is a change in the facility contact information. Other conditions requiring an update to the form are listed in the Form 8700-12 instruction booklet, which can be downloaded from EPA's web site at:

For details, see 40 CFR 262.12 or Access 40 CFR on-line, visit
Part: 262
Section: 12

Source: "reg of the day" listserv operated by Tammy Silverthorne @ the Environmental Resource Center

New Message Reply About this list Date view Thread view Subject view Author view