Printreg Archive
RMP Legislation Signed Into Law

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 07:28:19 CDT

To All:

Since we have been tracking the RMP reporting changes, I thought the below
would be of interest.

Gary Jones
GATF

President Clinton signed August 5 legislation that removes flammable
substances
used or held for sale as fuel from the list of substances covered under
Section
112(r) of the Clean Air Act. The Chemical Safety Information, Site Security
and
Fuels Regulatory Relief Act also limits access to Off-Site Consequence
Analysis
data that is reported in Sections 2-5 of the Risk Management Plan that
companies
submitted on June 21. The legislation restricts public access to the data by
granting a one-year suspension of the Freedom of Information Act for such data
and forbids any ranking of stationary sources derived from OCA data.
Text of the bill is available on the www.senate.com website. EPA expects to
soon have a fact sheet on the bill available on the CEPPO website that gives
an
overview of the major provisions of the legislation.