Printreg Archive
Re: HW Training

From: SSchuler (SSchuler@pimn.org)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 09:19:07 CDT

Hi Brigette.

At the Printing Industry of Minnesota, we offer at least one half-day
hazardous waste training seminar each year. Usually we offer the same
basic hazardous waste training twice during the year. Some years we are
just too busy for two sessions though.

Our basic training covers everything required by the MN Hazwaste rules
from A-Z. It's awfully hard to explain everything in an email but we
try to incorporate hazwaste fact sheets from the MN Pollution Control
Agency, overhead slides, 35mm slides and other handouts. In the future
we will be incorporating video and PowerPoint slide presentations made
off of a laptop computer and incorporating a multimedia projector.
People need to be infotained, not just educated these days and we are
trying to make this adjustment in our presentations to keep the people
interested. Coffee alone just won't cut it these days to keep people
awake. :-)