Printreg Archive
Re: Flexo air permitting

From: bobsmon (bob@ciosys.com)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 00:05:19 CDT

My company, CIO Systems, sells very affordable software to do this type =
of record keeping. You just need to weigh out the ink going and coming =
from the press. It does the rest, calculates VOCs and any other =
emissions needed. It prints out forms that meet or exceed all districts =
needs. Printers of all sizes (3 presses to 13) are using it. Check out =
my web site at www.ciosys.com

Thanks
Bob Salomon
-------------------original question-----------------------
        I need to find out how narrow web flexo printers are coming up =
with numbers for air toxics when putting in applications for air permits =
especially interested in how custom printers are handling this question.
        A second question is about the venting of water based inks and =
are there printers that are allowed to vent a press when it is running =
water based inks and if so what information do they keep to show =
compliance?
        Both these questions I would like to see what other States are =
doing rather than just Michigan information.
------------------------------------
        Debra Kramer=20
        NOTE: New E-mail Address dkramer@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu
        IL Waste Management & Research Center / IL Dept of Natural =
Resources
        (PNEAC/GPP <http://www.pneac.org/>http://www.pneac.org)
        1010 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 12
        Oakbrook, IL 60523