Printreg Archive
Re: Flexo air permitting

From: Doreen Monteleone (dmonteleone@vax.fta-ffta.org)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 13:47:26 CDT

At 09:57 AM 5/3/1999 -0500, you wrote:

<excerpt>A Michigan printer is looking to find out what other flexo
printers in other states are handling some STATE air permitting issues.
This does NOT pertain to Title V permitting. Please see the following
original message. I will forward your responses to the originator.

Deb Kramer

-------------------original question-----------------------

I need to find out how narrow web flexo printers are coming up with
numbers for air toxics when putting in applications for air permits
especially interested in how custom printers are handling this
question.

A second question is about the venting of water based inks and are there
printers that are allowed to vent a press when it is running water based
inks and if so what information do they keep to show compliance?

Both these questions I would like to see what other States are doing
rather than just Michigan information.

Debra Kramer

dkramer@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu

</color>IL Waste Management & Research Center / IL Dept of Natural
Resources

(PNEAC/GPP <<http://www.pneac.org/>http://www.pneac.org)

1010 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 12

Oakbrook, IL 60523

630/472-5019

630/472-5023 Fax

</excerpt>Deb,

Please ask this printer to contact me directly. I'm not at liberty to
share our membership list over the Internet.

Thanks,

Doreen

Doreen M. Monteleone, Ph.D.

Director of Environmental Affairs