Printreg Archive
Re: 5 Most Important Questions to Ask OSHA

From: Jeff Adrian (jeffadrian@johnroberts.com)
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 12:07:44 CDT

                      Re: Questions for OSHA 9/14/98
Wayne: These are all good questions, to which I would like to add but one emminently practical question based upon my personal experience(s):

1. Why doesn't hold accountable the manufacturers of equipment to design and build in safety devices (guards, etc.) that take into account HOW THE EQUIPMENT IS ACTUALLY USED? What I mean by this is, it is NOT sufficient for a manufacturer to design, for
example, a guard that just meets the manufacturer's liability concerns but ignores how the equipment is used and that fails to take into account human nature. This last failure "sets up" the equipment user (the printer) for OSHA violations because given
hu

Hope this gets some people thinking.

Regards,
Jeff Adrian