Printreg Archive
California Regs for Printers

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 07:31:15 CST

Mike,

I suggest you make a call to Gerry Bonetto, Director of Government
Affairs with Printing Industries of California (213-728-9500, x-248).
 Gerry is very knowledgable about regulations affecting CA
printersand I'm sure could be helpful in answering your specific
questions.
-Wayne

> The company I work for is moving to California in the fall and we
> have some concerns over the environmental laws in California and how
> they affect the printing process. Will the quality be less? Will the
> cost be more? Are there requirements on recycled paper? Any and all
> information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> Mike Carlson

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
U. of Wis., Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 529, Madison, WI 53703-1195
Phone: 608/265-2361 Fax: 608/262-6250
pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu