Printreg Archive
Re: Gravure/Flexo MACT de minimus

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 12:58:22 CST

George:

To the best of my knowledge, there is no de minimus threshold contained in the
standard. However, small flexo presses (defined as those with a web width of
less than 18 inches) are exempt by definition. It is also my understanding
that there is also an exemption provided for those flexographic and
rotogravure operations that only coat and do not print.

Unfortunately, I think all other potentially regualted sources will have to
keep records to demonstrate that they are not subject to the rule.

Gary Jones
GATF