Printreg Archive
Re: Disposal of UV light bulbs

From: HENRY BOYTER (hboyter@am.earthtech.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 21:56:49 CST

Every state is doing their own things on light bulbs, waiting for EPA to come up with a
plan, so contact each state individually. In many places, it depends on the locality and
even the individual landfills. I know landfills who don't care about any kind of bulbs,
but don't get caught with coke cans in your dumpster.

Henry Boyter, Jr., PhD
Senior Scientist/Director of EH&S
Earth Tech - Charlottesville
1115 5th St. SW
Charlottesville, VA 22902
HBoyter@am.earthtech.com
804-977-1498 Ext 20

The opinions expressed are those of Dr. Boyter and are not necessarily those of Earth
Tech. The opinions of Dr. Boyter are provided for informational purposes only and should
not be used as advice. No warranty or expression of professionalism is implied.

"Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,--
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

I am receiving inquiries regarding disposal of used UV light bulbs. I am aware of
several states, such as FL and WI, that require special handling for disposal, but are
there other states as well? What about Ohio? Marci Kinter SGIA International