Printreg Archive
Re: Shop towel hazardous waste classification

From: Frantz-ENV, George (George.Frantz@state.ma.us)
Date: Mon Dec 22 1997 - 08:49:41 CST

re:shop towel management

Good update, Jeff. This has been a tough topic for over 10 years; EPA has
looked at the issue a couple of times previously, but shied away at the last
minute. Hopefully, any new guidance will minimize handling problems,
encourage P2 and, above all, make common sense. When you get any info on
this, please make sure it gets routed to CSI/Print for comment, as well as
PNEAC and the usual suspects throughout the industry/agency groups.

The idea of having different handling/management codes for different types of
waste on the towels has always been bad wherever it's been implemented. The
difference between recycled and disposed is, I think, different. I look
foirward to an opportunity to comment on something.

Warm holiday wishes to everybody! George Frantz MA/OTA