Printreg Archive
Heavy Metal Content in Inks

From: KAREN SEEH (SEEH.KAREN@epamail.epa.gov)
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 17:54:55 CDT

I received an inquiry from a woman in Bogota, Columbia who is
looking for a method to evaluate heavy metal content in printing inks. Her
note is attached below. I haven't been able to track down anything at
EPA on this "norm FW846" that she mentions.

Does anyone have information on such an evaluation method that they
could either provide to her or let her know where she might find it? If so,
her contact information is listed below.

Thanks!!

>Dear Ms. Seeh.
>
>We are working in environmental impact caused by printing industries.
>Now, we are developing a national quality norm for inks, and we are
>looking for a method to evaluate hazardous metal contain in inks. We
>have known about the "norm" FW846, developed by EPA about this
>subject.

>We would appreciate you send us some information; this is very
>important for the advance of the work we are doing.
>Thanks in advance for your help.

Marcela Medina
ACERCAR - COLOMBIA
Postal Address: Carrera 21 35-21 Bogota -- Colombia
Fax: 57-1-2872382
Phone: 57-1-2872453
E-mail: lmmedina@hotmail.com

Karen Seeh
U.S. EPA Design for the Environment (DfE) Program
401 M Street, SW (7406)
Washington, DC 20460

ph: 202-260-1714
fx: 202-260-0981