Printreg Archive
Re: Title V Operating Permits

From: Jeff Adrian (jeffadrian@johnroberts.com)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 14:04:48 CDT

                      RE>Title V Operating Permits 5/23/97

Sharon:
Here are a couple of avenues you might chose to follow up on:
1) An excellent example of a pilot program is what Massachusetts is doing with
the MP2 printers Partnership out of the Office of technical Assistance. This
is not as yet a Title V level program, but it is being expanded and it has
many attractive features including an excellent user-friendly workbook that
allows printers to self-certify. Contact George Frantz and Massachusetts OTA
at <gfrantz_eoea@state.ma.us>. This model is also part of the EPA Common Sense
Initiative Printing Sector model permitting system currently in development.
2) Minnesota has an excellent degree of cooperation between the Minnesota
Pollution Control Agency and the Minnesota Technical Assistance Program
(MnTAP) run out of the University of Minnesota. MnTAP often provides
assistance on P2 projects to a variety of regulated entities.
3) For the future, the CSI Printing Sector is attempting to build in P2
efforts in the new model permitting system being developed. Many of those
efforts relate to implementing Best Management Practices (BMPs). The concept
being, by building in P2 up front, a regulated entity might lower its
emissions status and consequently, lower regulatory requirements to those
requirements associated with a lower emission level.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Jeff Adrian
The John Roberts Company