Printreg Archive
Re: methylene chloride

From: Jeff Adrian (jeffadrian@johnroberts.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 1997 - 07:06:26 CST

 3/26/97 8:01 AM

Sue:
I don't know if you saw my earlier posting, but we have been succesfully using
a methylene chloride free metering roller was now for some time. In this
somewhat critical application, in the past methylene chloride worked well
because it left no oily film on top of the fountain solution, dried quickly,
and had the desireable property of slip when being applied with a shop towel
(this later a safety benefit). The first and last property are often polar
opposites, and that's why finding a substitute for this application is so
difficult. You could contact Chemical Marketing, Minneapolis, at 612-785-0055
to learn more. The blend I use is #6024.

Jeff Adrian
The John Roberts Company