Printreg Archive
Re: Air pollution control factors for printing industry HAPs.

From: Jeff Adrian (jeffadrian@johnroberts.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 1997 - 10:18:18 CST

 3/5/97 11:14 AM

Scott:

A quick check of my records (monthly rolling average) substantiates Dave
Salman's (EPA) response: that for lithographic inks HAPs amount to just 5% of
my total monthly HAPs, and these amount to approximately 300 pounds/month,
most of which come from alcohol subs. Also, Dave is right in that there are
now substitues for metering roller washes that are free of methylene chloride
and that do provide the necessary "slip" on the metering roll.

Regards,
Jeff Adrian