Printreg Archive
Re: General minor source permitting questions

New Message Reply About this list Date view Thread view Subject view Author view

From: LaRonda Bowen (
Date: Fri Oct 18 1996 - 17:37:50 CDT

  The South Coast Air Quality management District has an exemption rule
Rule 219 which identifies equipment not required to have a permit and the
State of California requires new sources within 1,000 feet of a school to
get a clearance from the AQMD that no permit is needed or that pemits have
been applied for prior to receiving a building occupancy permit. Both of
these documents can be mailed or R. 219 can be downloaded from the SCAQMD
Homepage on the Internet. You can also call my office at: 909/396=3235.
Original Text
>From "Debra Kramer" <>, on 10/18/96 7:30 AM:
This message was posted on the Small Business Ombudsman listserv. Please
respond to me and I will forward the responses.


Debra Kramer
3333 W. Arthington
Chicago, IL 60624
312/265-8336 FAX

From: Duncan C. Fowler[]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 1996 4:48 PM
To: kramer; Amelia.Gooding; Andrew_Frye; Annette.Lingleo;
anita_dorsey-word; Medbery.Arnold; bbra461; valenziao.Beth/; wangric;
boulrey; Rose.Bob; beallc; craffe; mdchris; cs; cfleener; Copedged; EDH;
Nickey; Fiedlerd; byro.david; deang; elmore.deborah; Davisd2; DMONTELEONE;
dfowler; Edgar_Thornton; huck-e; Edythe_Mckinney; fstadler; Fin_Johnson;
brown.karen; Kathleen.Gordon; kdrake; dick; ombuds3; karamire; KevinB;
khirsch; Kfili; laurel.mezner; lauren; Leo.Raudys; DNGS39a; Marvin_Lowry;
mmadden; sbdc-mso; mfitzgib; MOCon; Ntlabatn; nporche; nobrown; pchriste;
Pwohl%Envircon; RHunt; Weidemar; richard_careski; vic_t; RGRasmussen;
stephers; Wilmoth; Portanova.Sam; kepner.scott; Dasgupta; tami_granquist;
toatman; twarton; TNelt; tcase; veastwoo; pferdehi; morganwj; Fchampa;
francesg; gccopl1; gfrantz; Gpetitgout; glen.daraskevich; mortensen.ginah;
Jwoecken; CCMail.Jburgess; drenner; Drury-Buzecky.Jennifer; jdavis;
Jocelyn.Mills; JoeN; Schlessel_J; airqual; jrashko; joechab;
Subject: General minor source permitting questions

Anyone who would like to respond can call Adam Haynes at (512)
239-1820 or email him at

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 17:01:35 -0500
From: Adam Haynes <>
Subject: Forward to the National SBAP Group
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: inline

I need to find out how other states, especially those with heavy industry,
permit their small businesses. We are looking at ways to streamline our
permitting requirements and we want to know how other states permit
their small/minor sources. We need any information on state permitting
requirements as opposed to permitting requirements for minor sources
under Title V.

Some questions to ask:

Do they (states) exempt sources under a certain emissions level? If so,
how do they quantify that level?

Do they issue general permits for area sources? If so, what are some of
the requirements?

Does every source have to get authorization before construction? If so,
does the authorization include a site specific permit?

Let me know if you need more info.


New Message Reply About this list Date view Thread view Subject view Author view
Disclaimer / Copyright Info
Email the PNEAC Webmaster