Printreg Archive
Re: General minor source permitting questions

From: Marci Kinter (marcik@sgia.org)
Date: Fri Oct 18 1996 - 11:52:19 CDT

Certain states do exempt small printers based on either potential or
actual emissions. I have yet to find a state that issues general
permits for screen printing facilities, though they may for other types
of small businesses. I do know that asphalt manufacuturers, small
businesses, have been successful in obtaining a general permit in some
states.

It has been my experience that states exempt sources under a certain
level but require those sources to recalcuate every year to determine if
their status has changed.

Marci Kinter
SGIA