Printreg Archive
Re: State Specific Printing Regs

From: Marci Kinter (marcik@sgia.org)
Date: Tue Jun 18 1996 - 16:49:17 CDT

Deb,

To elaborate, the states I supplied, all but Texas, have developed air
pollution control standards specifically adressing screen printing.
Other states have air pollution control standards that impact all types
of printing operations but may not specifically reference printing.
Also, some states, such as IL, may consider different types of printing
surface coating operations, which is a practice I try to discourage.

I do know that the state of MA has regulated screen operations, but as
surface coaters, not graphic arts facilities. This is not an easy
question to respond to.

Anything else, let me know.
Marci Kinter
SGIA