Printreg Archive
Re: Emissions from Copiers

From: rhartwig@telerama.lm.com
Date: Fri Jun 07 1996 - 00:09:30 CDT

I was invovled in a study which addressed such a question. We looked at
over 700 facilities with a variety of different size and type of copiers.
The emissions and effects were looked at over a one year period. We
worked closely with Kodak, Konica, and Xerox. There were emissions noted
from proper ventilation, no ventilation and recirculated air flows. The
stated number of copies to make before letting the machine cool down can
only be applied to a select few copiers. The emissions, Ozone, PM, etc.
will differ from copier to copier based on the size and configuration
...(small table tops vs. Docutech). Most of the later models were shown
to have a better "effect" toward health concerns than the older models. I
will search for this study and pass it down.

Rick Hartwig
GATF