Printreg Archive
Shop Towels Again

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed May 29 1996 - 16:11:28 CDT

From: Scottray@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 10:04:57 -0400
To: printech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Shop Towels Again

The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is working with the
USEPA to develop a national regulation for the appropriate methods of
managing solvent contaminated shop towels. The MPCA would like to
find out if anyone has ever conducted TCLP toxicity tests or
ignitability tests on shop towels after the solvent had been minimized
by centrifuging, hand wringing, mechanical wringing, mechanical
compression, or any other active physical method.
 Please let me know if you have any information we can forward to the
MPCA/EPA. Thanks.