Printreg Archive
Re:USE OF PRINTREG

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 13 1996 - 17:53:51 CST

Dave,

I just checked current registration list and yes, you are part of
Printreg. You are certainly right that Printreg is not seeing nearly
as much traffic as Printech. My guess is that many regulators are
not as used to using Internet resources (at least partly because of
access issues) as are "techies", and that many state regulatory folks are
somewhat less accustomed to seeking review and input from
peers in other parts. Those are simply my unproven guesses. Maybe
some of our regulatory participants can shed some further light here.

I really hope Printreg will be used to help facilitate dialogue about
all the integrated reporting work going on re. printing.

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
U. of Wis., Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 529, Madison, WI 53703-1195
Phone: 608/265-2361 Fax: 608/262-6250
pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu