Printreg Archive
(Fwd) Permit Reward for P2?

From: gov.sgia@genie.com
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 07:45:00 CST

Reply to message 7115118 from PRINTREG@GREAT-LAKES.NET@INET# on 02/07/96
8:29AM
Marcia,
As you may be aware, the printing sector is a Common Sense Iniative Sector
Subcommittee, and is looking into these types of issues. One concern industry
has it how can one set of standards be developed that adequately describes all
industry processes and technologies. I would really like to discuss this
concept with you. To the best of my knowledge, the only program that looks to
streamline its permitting process is the state of Massachusetts thorugh its
Printing Partnership program. They are upfront in acknowledging that this
program does not have pollution prvention goals up front, but does through its
permitting requiremetns encourage printers to stay below certain levels through
product substitution, etc.

Questions on the MA program can be directed to George Franz, OTA, 617-727-3260.
Marci Kinter
Screenprinting and Graphic Imaging Association
10015 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22031
703-359-1313
FAX: 703-273-2870