Ask PNEAC Archive: Re: Question re/ Reducing Alcohol Based Ink Usage

Re: Question re/ Reducing Alcohol Based Ink Usage

Donna Peterson (
peter080@tc.umn.edu)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:42:31 -0800

From: Donna Peterson <peter080@tc.umn.edu>
To: "'printech@great-lakes.net'" <printech@great-lakes.net>
Subject: Re: Question re/ Reducing Alcohol Based Ink Usage
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:42:31 -0800

I have learned of a company that sells water-based ink-jet inks. It is
Scitex Digital Printing, with locations in several places in the US and
overseas. My contact for information was Tim Cole, Bloomington MN; phone:
612-830-0185. `

I also have talked with Jim Mahoney at Pioneer Mailroom Equipment here at
phone: 612-873-4217. From my notes, it appears they sell an oil-based ink
for inkjet printing which is good on highly porous materials like recycled
newsprint..

Donna Peterson, Senior Scientist
Minnesota Technical Assistance Program(MnTAP)
Email: peter080@tc.umn.edu
NEW: U OF MN GATEWAY
200 OAK ST. SUITE 350
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55455-2008