Ask PNEAC Archive: Solvent retention in flexible packaging

Solvent retention in flexible packaging

gjonesprinting@aol.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:30:21 EDT

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:30:21 EDT
Subject: Solvent retention in flexible packaging

Dear PNEAC_customer

To the best of my knowledge, the Food and Drug Administration has not set any
standards for solvent retention in flexible packaging. I do know that many
food companies set standards for the printer to achieve. Many off the larger
food packaging companies have labs and perform routine analysis to ensure
they are meeting the customer's specifications. FDA does maintain a web site
at http://www.fda.gov/ and you can search their regulations.

I have passed along your question to a person I know at the Flexible
Packaging Association and will let you know if any additional information is
provided.

Gary Jones
Graphic Arts Technical Foundation