Ask PNEAC Archive: Reactive printing of textiles

Reactive printing of textiles

PNEAC_customer@pneac.org
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:14:30 -0400

From: PNEAC_customer@pneac.org
To: gjonesprinting@aol.com, rhartwig@printing.org, pneac@istc.illinois.edu,
Subject: Reactive printing of textiles
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:14:30 -0400

This Ask PNEAC question is from:
Hi! We are a garment manufacturer and have had a request from a client for a reactive print textile. I am having a hard time finding a company that can perform this type of printing and am beginning to suspect that perhaps California environmental standards make it difficult to perform this type of printing. Do you know of any textile printers that can do this type of printing, and is my suspicion on track with regard to enviro. standards?

Cool site. :-) While I'm here, perhaps you could recommend a good reference book for textile printing methods for a not-so-technical person.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.