Ask PNEAC Archive: Recycling/Reusing Buckets

Recycling/Reusing Buckets

Deb Kramer (
dkramer@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:15:21 -0500

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:15:21 -0500
From: Deb Kramer <dkramer@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Recycling/Reusing Buckets

Unfortunately this is an issue for many companies. SOME suppliers will take
them back as long as they are thoroughly cleaned and undamaged. You may want
to ask your supplier about this. Also, there may be an area plastics
manufacturer that is interested in the material to use in their process
(recycling).

You did not indicate what state you are located in. If you reply to my e-mail
with that information I may be able to direct you to a resource/assistance
person who can assist you. Otherwise there are state funded materials
exchange
networks available. These networks have listings for "available" materials
and
"wanted" materials. Typically it is free of charge to advertise with these
exchange networks. This may be a source for you.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Deb Kramer

At 11:54 AM 6/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
>We currently recycle between 3500-4000lbs of color and black ink every
quarter. Our recycler, Proactive Ink Recycling returns our ink to us in 30lb
plastic totes. We are looking to find a way of recycling or using
approximately
150 buckets every 3 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Debra Kramer
NOTE: New E-mail Address dkramer@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu
(PNEAC/GPP http://www.pneac.org)
1010 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 12