Ask PNEAC Archive: Spent solvent for plotters

Spent solvent for plotters

Deb Jacobson (
djacobson@istc.illinois.edu)
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:36:28 -0500

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:36:28 -0500
From: Deb Jacobson <djacobson@istc.illinois.edu>
Subject: Spent solvent for plotters

Are you referring to cleaning solvent used on plotters for maps, etc? If the
material you are referring to is 100% solvent (minus residues from cleaning) a
simple alternative treatment option is solvent distillation (a.k.a. solvent
recovery). The solvent can be distilled on-site (you purchase a small solvent
still) or sent to a contractor who will perform the distillation for you. You
then have the option to take the material back and reuse it in or your
facility
or if using a vendor they can re-sell the reclaimed material.

Thank you for using PNEAC. We hope that you have found PNEAC to be helpful
and
are interested in your opinion of our web site, information, and service.
Will
you please fill out a survey at
<http://www.pneac.org/survey99/survey.htm>?

If we can be of additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact us
again.

Regards,

Debra Jacobson

At 09:12 AM 10/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>This Ask PNEAC question is from:
>Are there recycle options for a Versatec plotters spent solvent? I work
for a
major oil company and to date all I know to do is sending to a hazardous waste
site for thermal fuel.

>thanks.

Debra Jacobson (formerly Kramer)
E-mail Address djacobson@istc.illinois.edu (Revised 9/99)