Printech Archive, December, 1999: Re: Printing Rag Practices

Re: Printing Rag Practices

Lyle VanVleet (
VANVLEET@clitho.com)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:27:00 -0600

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:27:00 -0600
From: Lyle VanVleet <VANVLEET@clitho.com>
To: printech-and-printreg@great-lakes.net
Subject: Re: Printing Rag Practices

Jeff, you are correct with respect to the vapor pressure, I miss-wrote. The
lower the vapor pressure the lower the evaporation rate and therefore more
solvent stays with the soiled shop towels. Sorry about that!
===Lyle

===== Original Message from jeffadrian@johnroberts.com (Jeff Adrian) at
12/07/99 11:29 am
> Re: Printing Rag Practices 12/7/99
>
>One observation from our own testing that differs from Lyle's experience is
>that the LOWER the vapor pressure of the solvent blend, the GREATER the
>amount recovered in the centrifuge process. Our experience in recovery
>rates has been borne out by
>US EPA research teams conducting their own testing at our site (comparing
>recovery rates for low and high vapor pressure solvents). So I'm a bit
>confused by Lyle's experience.

Lyle I. Van Vleet
Commercial Lithographing Company
816/241-2218; fax 241-6091