Printech Archive, December, 1999: Re: Printing Rag Practices

Re: Printing Rag Practices

Donna Peterson (
peter080@tc.umn.edu)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:00:09 -0800

From: Donna Peterson <peter080@tc.umn.edu>
To: "'printech-and-printreg@great-lakes.net'" <printech-and-printreg@great-lakes.net>
Subject: Re: Printing Rag Practices
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:00:09 -0800

In Minnesota, we have some acceptable management standards for rags and
towels. Many towels are laundered, in many cases after solvents are
extracted at the printing company, either with the company's centrifuge or
with the extraction provided by 1 of 2 mobile centrifuge services that
operate in the Twin Cities. Certainly we have lots of disposable wipes
used also, we have requirements in place for them also depending on
solvents used.

The fact sheet that outlines acceptable managment practices can be accessed
on line at the following address: http://www.state.mn.us/waste/pubs/4_61

Hope this helps
Donna Peterson, Senior Scientist
Minnesota Technical Assistance Program(MnTAP)
Email: peter080@tc.umn.edu
NEW: U OF MN GATEWAY
200 OAK ST. SUITE 350
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55455-2008