Printech Archive, November, 1999: Offset spray powder inhalation hazards?

Offset spray powder inhalation hazards?

SSchuler (
SSchuler@pimn.org)
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:37:06 -0600

From: SSchuler <SSchuler@pimn.org>
To: "Printech (E-mail)" <printech@great-lakes.net>
Subject: Offset spray powder inhalation hazards?
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:37:06 -0600

A pressroom manager called me the other day to inquire about any possible
hazards associated with the periodic inhalation of offset spray power during
compressed air cleaning of press filters. I couldn't find anything in my
files or PNEAC archives on that issue. I don't believe there is any problem
here but he's trying to arm himself with some information to convince his
people that they must blow out these filters under their exhaust hoods to
minimize their exposure and to minimize dust contamination throughout the
press area. Has anyone tackled this one before?

Scott Schuler
Environmental Director
Printing Industry of Minnesota, Inc.
2829 University Avenue SE, Suite 750