Printech Archive, September, 1999: Re: 2,2,4 trimethylpentane (Isopar C) - usage and health, safety information

Re: 2,2,4 trimethylpentane (Isopar C) - usage and health, safety information

gjonesprinting@aol.com
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:15:21 EDT

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:15:21 EDT
Subject: Re: 2,2,4 trimethylpentane (Isopar C) - usage and health, safety information
To: printech@great-lakes.net

Dear Mark:

National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers and was told that this
compound was used (and possibly still is to a limited extent although it has
generally been replaced by toluene) in some liquid ink systems. None of the
sources NAPIM contacted believe that it is or ever was used in litho ink
systems. If you require a more definitive response please let me know.

Gary