Printech Archive, August, 1999: Isopropyl Alcohol solution flashpoint

Isopropyl Alcohol solution flashpoint

Robert Gifford (
gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:33:17 -0500

From: "Robert Gifford" <gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu>
To: printech@great-lakes.net
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:33:17 -0500
Subject: Isopropyl Alcohol solution flashpoint

From: Dennis McCoy <dennismccoy@delphi.com>

Does anyone have any information on the flash point of IPA solutions in
water for the range of 0 to 10%? I was hoping to find a chart that
would have a curve of at least a chart of values for like 1%, 5%, 10% by
weight, first choice, but I guess I cant be picky! I thought this would
be addressed in the printreg forum but Wayne Pferdehirt suggested that
this was the more appropriate forum.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dennis McCoy
Printing Industries Association of the Heartland

Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu