Printech Archive, August, 1999: Re: 2,2,4 trimethylpentane (Isopar C) - usage and health & safety information

Re: 2,2,4 trimethylpentane (Isopar C) - usage and health & safety information

Robert Gifford (
gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:45:04 -0500

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:45:04 -0500
From: Robert Gifford <gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu>
To: Printech posting address <printech@great-lakes.net>
Subject: Re: 2,2,4 trimethylpentane (Isopar C) - usage and health & safety information

---------Forwarded Message-----------

This compound was used ( and possibly still is to a limited extent
although
it has generally been replaced by toluene) in some liquid ink systems.
None
of my sources believe that it is or ever was used in paste ink
systems. If
you require a more definitive response please let me know.

George Fuchs
National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers

--

--************************************************************ * Robert Gifford * Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC), and * Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC) * 610 Langdon Street rm 531 * Madison, WI 53703 * (608)262-1083 Voice (608)262-6250 Fax * gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu --***********************************************************