Printech Archive, July, 1999: Re: Company Environmental Statement

Re: Company Environmental Statement

Deb Kramer (dkramer@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 06:52:17 -0500

Wendy - I have a company environmental policy statement and a company
"environmental" brochure for customers (and potential) from Consolidated
Printing (a PII member) that I will send you.

Deb Kramer

At 04:39 PM 7/21/99 -0400, you wrote:

>PIA has been contacted by a member who is looking for a written
>environmental mission statement for their company. They indicated that
>some of their customers have asked such things as: what they do to
>comply with state and federal requirements, what they do to seek out
>environmentally friendly supplies, why don't they include information on
>their printed products that indicate what they've done to be
>environmentally friendly, and why don't they share MSDS about their
>products.
>
>While we can provide info on where to find out about some of these
>items, it would be very helpful for her to see what other printers have
>done regarding a statement and how they've addressed these issues.
>
>Can anyone give us some ideas on this? You're welcome to email me
>directly. Thanks much.
>
>Wendy Lechner
>Legislative Director
>Printing Industries of America