home.gif (1513 bytes) search3.gif (2009 bytes) vendbutton.GIF (1330 bytes) sheets.gif (1248 bytes) listservsbutton.gif (1834 bytes) compicon2.gif (1425 bytes)

Printech Archive, June, 1999: Re: Regional Ink Disposal Service Offered By PIA of Texas

Re: Regional Ink Disposal Service Offered By PIA of Texas

SSchuler (SSchuler@pimn.org)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:07:55 -0500

Gary & Matt.

What kind of legal liabilities is PIA-Texas assuming by playing a
middle-man role in the transportation and disposal/recycling of a
hazardous waste (ink mixed with HW solvents)? Should there be
mismanagement of this waste and it develops into a superfund site could
PIA-Texas become a PRP? I am no lawyer by any stretch of the
imagination but it seems to me that if a problem does arise with this
service in the future, the printers may have a claim against PIA-Texas
for making faulty arrangements with HEAT. Please let me know what your
law firm thinks about this group buying plan and the risks/liabilities
involved. Thanks.

Scott Schuler
Environmental Director
Printing Industry of Minnesota, Inc.