Printech Archive, May, 1999: Re: Use of acetone in reformulated products

Re: Use of acetone in reformulated products

Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Thu, 20 May 1999 22:57:51 +0000

Forwarded message
____________________________
From: WILLIAML JOHNSON <JOHNSON.WILLIAML@epamail.epa.gov>

I do not think EPA is thinking of removing acetone from the
list of exempt VOC compounds.

I regret the delay in answering your message as I have been out of town.

> My question -- I am beginning to see more acitivty by air districts
> encouraging the use of acetone as an alternative. I had heard months
> back that EPA was considering removing acetone from the list of exempt
> compounds. Does anyone know if this is true? I would appreciate any
> assistance or insight..
>
> Thanks.
> Marci Kinter
> SGIA International

* Robert Gifford
* Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC), and
* Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC)
* 610 Langdon Street rm 531
* Madison, WI 53703
* (608)262-1083 Voice (608)262-6250 Fax
* gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu