Printech Archive, May, 1999: Re: Use of acetone in reformulated products

Re: Use of acetone in reformulated products

Ted Hughes (THughes@sancoa.com)
Thu, 6 May 1999 15:18:14 -0400

Washing with either Acetone or other alternative products produces waste
in either case. Most companies that produce hazardous waste that is a
flammable liquid send the waste to be incinerated, usually through a
fuel blending program at a cement kiln. Disposal in this manner is not
unfavorable to the environment. The use of the term "Hazardous Waste"
sometimes alarms people needlessly.