Printech Archive, January, 1999: Re: Shop towels: Launderable vs. disposable

Re: Shop towels: Launderable vs. disposable

KEVIN MACKEY (kmsparkster@email.msn.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 23:39:22 -0500

Tory,

A rental program with a reputable launderer can be a hassle free way to
reduce cost and environmental liability. Be aware though, that laundries
are experiencing similar tightening of limits on their water discharges and
are preparing for categorical standards which may knock many out of
business.

You should ask your perspective laundry services if they are actually
cleaning the towels or farming them out to other laundries to avoid the
environmental issues themselves. Audit them as you would a waste treatment
facility.

AbsorbTech offers cleaning of your rags or economical rental of high quality
cotton wipes with many added benefits, including:

Supplying resealable containers for shipping.
Solvents recovered prior to cleaning and quantities reported to you monthly,
quarterly or annually.
All printer wipes are metal-detected prior to final inspection.
Quarterly recaps to verify cost savings.
ISO 9002 certified operation.
For much more information contact Kevin Mackey at 219-271-1900 or email at
kmsparkster@msn.com.