Printech Archive, December, 1998: Re: Press Corrosion Caused By Fountain Solutions

Re: Press Corrosion Caused By Fountain Solutions

Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 18:05:41 -0500

From: Jeffrey.Matusow@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Press Corrosion Caused By Fountain Solutions
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 17:52:06 -0500

Most chiller re-circulators and fountain pans are stainless steel so
corrosion there is not an issue. Some press do get corrosion on the
blanket, plate or impression cylinders and this should be addressed with a
proper maintenance program of cleaning and applying a thin coating of oil or
silicone to protect the surface. It is also recommend to use high quality
paper packing under blankets and plates to prevent corrosion and to change
the packing often. Most quality packing paper have an anti corrosion
chemical on its surface.

Jeffrey Matusow
Printers' Service (PRISCO)
matusow@usa.net