Printech Archive, November, 1998: Disposal of Flexographic Ink

Disposal of Flexographic Ink

Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:25:38 +0000

Printech:

Can someone provide information to answer this question?

Bob
Harry Carter wrote:

> I am presently trying to dispose of 40,000 lbs of Flexographic Ink
> that was manufactured by Morrison Ink Company of Cleveland, OH.
>
> I have found a company in Alabama that has offered a price of
> $ 72.00 per 55 gallon drum for transportation and disposal and
> another quote of $ 63.00 per 55 gallon drum for disposal in a
> certified industrial landfill. Do you have any ideas?
>
> I have very little knowledge on "certified industrial landfills" do
> you have any information on them.
>
> Any assistance is appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Harry Carter
> Commodity Recycling, Inc
> Richmond, VA 23234
> (O) 804 231-0739
> (F) 804 231-0785

* Robert Gifford
* Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC), and
* Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC)
* 610 Langdon Street rm 531
* Madison, WI 53703
* (608)262-1083 Voice (608)262-6250 Fax
* gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu