Printech Archive, November, 1998: Re: Perchloroethylene (aka tetrachloroethylene) and printing

Re: Perchloroethylene (aka tetrachloroethylene) and printing

Doreen Monteleone (DMONTELEONE@vax.fta-ffta.org)
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:35:54 -0500

At 01:50 PM 11/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I had someone ask me a question today about where
>perchloroethylene is used by printers. The only use that I could
>recall was in some flexographic plate making systems. Does
>anyone know of any other past or present uses?
>
>Thanks
>
>Dave Salman
>US EPA OAQPS
>Durham NC

There are some flexo printers still using perc, but now there are many
alternatives for flexo plate washing including solvent and water systems.

Doreen

Doreen M. Monteleone, Ph.D.
Director of Environmental Affairs
Flexographic Technical Association