Printech Archive, November, 1998: Re: Paper Acid Testing Solution

Re: Paper Acid Testing Solution

Wayne P. Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 00:23:13 -600

Curt,
Here is a response from John Katers, a colleague of mine at the
University of Wisconsin Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center.
John used to work in the paper industry.
-Wayne

Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 15:49:46 -0800 (PST)
From: John Katers <KATERSJ@gbms01.uwgb.edu>
Subject: Re: Paper Acid Testing Solution
To: Wayne Pferdehirt <pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu>
Cc: KOHRELLM@gbms01.uwgb.edu

Wayne

I used this stuff at Fort Howard in R&D. We tested most wastepaper for
groundwood content against various standard. As I recall, we also made up
our own solution. I would think TAPPI (Technical Assocation of the Pulp
& Paper Industry) or the Paper Institute at Georgia Tech in Atlanta
would have information on suppliers/substitutes. You should be able to
get contact information at their web pages.

John

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
University of Wisconsin - Madison/Extension
Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 532
Madison, WI 53703
Tel.: 608-265-2361
Fax: 608-262-0910