Printech Archives, July, 1998: Re: Hantscho 23" Four-Color Press Users

Re: Hantscho 23" Four-Color Press Users

gjonesprinting@aol.com
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:02:08 EDT

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:02:08 EDT
To: printech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Re: Hantscho 23" Four-Color Press Users

Don:

To the best of my knowledge, there are no heatset inks availble with less than
2.5 lbs/gal VOC content. I have seen some inks with VOC contents at about
320-350 grams/liter. These inks are used to print on uncoated stock and
contain some soy oil. I am currently working with a printer in Illinois who
stated they are using heatset inks with a VOC content of 240 grams/liter, but
I don't believe that this information is accurate. They are attempting to
confirm the VOC content. If the VOC content is accurate, then I will let you
know. I would check with INX ink company as they supply the 320-350 gram/liter
ink. I am not sure of the vendor for the printer in Illinois.

Gary Jones
GATF