Printech Archives, July, 1998: Re: CO2 Cleaning in Printing?

Re: CO2 Cleaning in Printing?

deggleston@osp.ca.gov
Fri, 17 Jul 98 10:31:31 -0800

From: deggleston@osp.ca.gov
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 98 10:31:31 -0800
To: <printech@great-lakes.net>
Subject: Re: CO2 Cleaning in Printing?

We evaluated the potential here several years ago and determined that
it definitely would be a potential improvement over liquid solvents
due to the elimination of the flammable or toxic properties and
reduced physical effort, but its application must be carefully planned
due to the effects on the inside atmosphere. Carbon dioxide will
displace oxygen in the air, and if used in sufficient quantities, can
create an oxygen-deficient atmosphere where used. Do to the nature of
our building environmental control system, we might not be able to
exhaust the CO2 fast enough if we tried to clean our heatset
presslines at one time (every Friday night or Saturday morning). Just
something to consider.