Printech Archives, July, 1998: Hantscho 23" Four-Color Press Users

Hantscho 23" Four-Color Press Users

deggleston@osp.ca.gov
Fri, 10 Jul 98 11:49:02 -0800

From: deggleston@osp.ca.gov
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 98 11:49:02 -0800
To: <printech@great-lakes.net>
Subject: Hantscho 23" Four-Color Press Users

We are currently operating a Hantscho 23-inch cutoff, four-color,
heatset web press that must use an air pollution control device
because of the VOC (volatile organic compound) content in the inks run
on the press. Our local air district restricts our inks to 300 grams
per liter,(2.5 pounds per gallon) of VOC unless we use air pollution
control.

We have to run between 25000 and 26000 impressions per hour to be cost
effective. At present, we have had little progress with finding inks
that we can run at these rates without "setoff" and other problems.
Flint and Kramer are our primary suppliers.

Does anyone out there operate a similar press at similar rates, using
inks with VOC content less than 2.5 pounds per gallon? Would like to
know how you do it.