home.gif (1513 bytes) search3.gif (2009 bytes) vendbutton.GIF (1330 bytes) sheets.gif (1248 bytes) listervsbutton.gif (1834 bytes) compicon2.gif (1425 bytes)

Printech Archives, May 1998: Re: Ink Meters

Re: Ink Meters

Jeff Adrian (
jeffadrian@johnroberts.com)
27 May 98 10:08:26 -0600

Re: Ink Meters 5/27/98
Curt & Printechers:

For several years now we have used ink meters on our web presses. These meters are made by Baldwin. On each color line we have installed 2 readouts driven by the same sensor. The first readout is non-resettable, giving total ink transmission, and the second readout is resettable, for tracking ink consumption on each individual job (the later for our purposes, not because of regulatory requirements).

My recollection is that these ink meters (measuring heads and readouts, 4 sets per press for the process colors) cost in the neighborhood of $8,000 (each press). I hope this will get you started.

Jeff Adrian
The John Roberts Company